Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Task 3

Oh my must remember to breathe!  The final glide today was so intense!  For once the top 2 US pilots were behind me racing into goal instead of in front and to my left which is where I typically place them on final glide....

We had a really fun 105k race today with lots of pilots in goal.  It was classic Chelan flatland flying with full on racing conditions for the entire race.

The forecast was for lots of wind and many of us thought we wouldn't even have a task so we were a bunch of very happy pilots. Some of the climbs later in the race were so fun with the varios just singing at better than 8 meters per second.

Today was all about finding the strong core and not wasting any time climbing in light lift.  I'd say that for almost 90% of my flight I was either climbing in a strong core or pushing the speed bar racing to the next climb.

There were red Ozone R10.2s everywhere today!!  At one point I think I was in a group of 10 of them.  Crazy. It's fun with so many pilots on the same glider.... It really comes down to more decision making and it's quite nice being on even ground in terms of performance.

Headed back on retrieve now and looking forward to a nice barbecue with Sue and other friends. We splurged for a nice condo which looks out over the lake so we are quite comfortable.

I finished well today and have been pretty consistent over the first 3 tasks. Tomorrow looks good as well and it's looking like we'll get good weather on the last day too.

My mothers necklace gift is feeling good around my neck and is inspiring. As my friend and mentor Bill Belcourt told me... "all that's left for you to do is just believe you can do it"

Jack

4 comments:

Will Gadd said...

Nice one Jack, keep it going! I appreciate the blogging.

Tim said...

Nice Jack -
You've put in the work, now it's time to have fun!

Seeya next week.

James Bradley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James Bradley said...

Nice flying Jack! It is really great to read your accounts and not just the scoring.