Saturday, July 17, 2010

PWC Practice day and registration

I'm sitting on the deck of our condo with Sue looking out at yet another gaggle forming high above the butte getting ready to make the crossing to the flats.  The weather today for the official practice day, as well as the forecast for the next few days looks really good.   Pilots have been arriving from all around the world and the mood seems pretty upbeat that perhaps this will be the week where the 2010 pwc weather curse gets broken...  we are all keeping our fingers crossed! 

Last night at dinner I felt right at home listening to a table of 4 Italian pilots conversing in their native language.  Much of the world will be represented here in Chelan over the next week... 

The pwc staff arrived last night and I think they are probably pretty tired as they've been going pretty steadily, just finishing up competitions in Greece and Italy.  They have a very nice accomodation here in a nice 5 bedroom home so hopefully they can relax somewhat and enjoy the week.

Yesterday morning when I woke up I knew I had to do something as my chest was scary conjested.  I called my clinic at home and was able to get them to send a prescription for Zylomax which is what did the trick for me last time.  Ive been through several courses of antibiotics over the years trying to find one that would beat up on this particular strain of mycoplasma.... most due nothing at all.  One a day for 5 days... that's it.  I woke up in the middle of the night last night just drenched in sweat, and then this morning I felt ever so much better so I'm hoping that things will come together and I'll be ready to race tomorrow morning....  Thank goodness I had a couple of days to regroup and recover!

Official registration for the Chelan pwc starts this afternoon, followed by the pilots meeting and opening party.  Tomorrow morning we head up to start the competition.  The world cup events run for 7 days, but if we fly 6 days in a row then we probably won't race on the last day...

How to be faster and smarter than last week?  Just gotta believe - and more importantly, I want to do good for my Mother who is my best supporter!

Jack

No comments: